Essay on Global Warming
Essay writing on global warming
Global warming is not a prediction. It is happening right now. It is a current increase in temperature of the Earth `s atmosphere, water, and surface. Human activities produce greenhouse gases that accumulate in the atmosphere and cause problems our planet faces today. Global warming can do more than just melt polar ice and change weather patterns throughout the world.
It can change our maps, displace people from tropical islands and cities, and cause famine. There is no debate within the scientific community. The scientific evidence of the global warming is clear. The consequences of this global problem will only intensify if we do not confront the realities of climate change. Mankind should achieve some meaningful solutions in order to address the threat of global warming. We should stop deforestations, reduce carbon emissions, and fight misinformation. People should be prepared for the inevitable consequences of the global warming. It is our today`s reality and we should be responsible for doing so much harm to our planet Earth.
Teachers often ask their students to write essays on global warming in order to expand their understanding of this serious problem and make them take action as individuals. Here are some important facts of global warming causes, impacts, and solutions that will help you write a persuasive essay.
The facts on global warming you should know to write a good essay
- One of the most obvious effects of global warming is extreme weather. The weather patterns are rapidly changing in all parts of the world. The increased rainfall in certain regions affects the balance that animals and plants need to survive. Climate changes cause health problems, animal migration, and the lack of food resources. Extreme heat and droughts in diverse regions of our planet have become disastrous to human health. The frequency of the heavy precipitation has lead to the greater prevalence of floods. Global warming creates more natural disasters. Extreme weather events will continue to occur with greater intensity. So, we will experience significant changes in seasonal temperatures variations, wind patterns, and annual precipitation.
- The effects of global warming on plants and animals are expected to be widespread and profound. Many organisms are migrating from the equator toward poles in order to find more comfortable conditions for their existence. However, a lot of animals go extinct as they are not able to compete in new climate regime. Global warming can cause the disappearance of up to one-third of Earth`s animals and one-half of plants by 2080.
- The effects of climate change due to the global warming can be devastating to the human society. People can face severe crop failures and livestock shortages that will cause civic unrest, food riots, famines, and political instability in the whole world. Global warming threatens our future health conditions. Humanity will experience an increase in tick-borne and mosquito-borne diseases. What is more, people have become more vulnerable to extreme weather and climate changes that lead to serious mental health issues.
- The sea-level rise accelerates 0.12 inches per year in overage worldwide. This trend will continue if gas emissions remain unchecked. People are to blame for rapidly melting ice, warming oceans, and rising sea levels. Coral reefs are in danger as the ocean warms. Two-thirds of the Great Barrier Reef has been damaged as a result of climate change. Global warming increases the acidity of seawater because of the increase of the levels of CO2. The ocean is 26 percent more acidic than before the Industrial revolution. Melting glaciers endanger human life on the coastal areas. It can cause landslides and other land collapses.
- Increase in average temperatures is the major problem caused by global warming. The average global temperature has increased by about 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit over the past 100 years. 2016 was the hottest year on record worldwide. Such temperatures turn our environment into a breeding ground for infections and diseases. The worst thing is that increased dryness and greenhouse gases serve as natural fuels for wildfires.
- Scientists have predicted the effects for the future based on the climate changes due to the global warming problem. Snow cover is projected to contract. Sea ice is projected to shrink in both Antarctic and Arctic. Future tropical cyclones will become more intense. Heavy precipitation events, heat waves, and hot extremes will become more frequent. Arctic late-summer sea ice can disappear by the end of the 21st century. Sea level rise and anthropogenic warming will continue for centuries.
- People should cut power consumption in order to reduce the effects of global warming. We should buy less polluting cars, get more efficient refrigeration, and reduce water heating requirements. We should also fly less or not at all. Such measures will definitely influence modern society a lot. However, it is important for every person to do something to prolong life on earth. Just think, there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years.
- Air quality is affected greatly by the global warming. The air pollution caused by overabundance of carbon dioxide, vehicular emissions, and power plants influences the human respiratory system. A lot of people all over the world suffer from respiratory diseases.
- The Earth`s temperature will continue to rise so long as mankind continues to produce greenhouse gases. The surface of our planet can warm by 6 degrees this century.
Information that will make your essay even more interesting and catching
- The Arctic is one of the worst places affected by global warming.
- More than 1 million species have become extinct due to the effects of global warming.
- The Montana Glacier national Park has only 25 glaciers instead of 150 that were there in the year 1910.
- Human activities release around 37 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide per year.
- With every degree rise in global temperatures, lightning strikes will increase by 12%.
- Severe natural disasters caused by global warming have left millions of people impoverished and homeless.
- Jungle leaves become less nutritious for the animals that feed on them as they accumulate more fiber and less protein.