Writers have a confession to make: blog posts do not always come easy. They have to create alternative opening lines to catch the attention of the mass audiences. They need to do reports, conduct independent research, and most importantly, start discussions with their fans to find out what makes them special.
However, there is a noticeable difference between positioning yourself as a journalist or a blogger. While journalism can help you rocket build a marvelous career, blogging allows the authors to engage with their base. As they are anticipating feedback from loyal fans, it becomes obvious that the focus of attention has shifted. There is no doubt that you need to preserve the core of self-esteem to become a successful essay writer, but there is also a matter of opinion. On an unconscious level, blogging can also be therapeutic. Some of the authors revealed they felt like they were building a steady community with the help of regular posting.
Through the comment section, bloggers engage with other emerging writers and share their ideas with the masses. They also influence others through communities that function round the clock. This is one of the most prominent examples of audience involvement that can be found among modern creators. Blogging platforms lure readers with elements that immediately catch the eye. We are talking titles, headlines, flashy words, audacious content, provocative questions, and ambiguous statements. To become a professional in the writing sphere and run your own blog, you have to embrace the same attitude and get started.
Structuring the Posts and Following the Tips
While most of the blog structures vary depending on the type of content that you are posting, a certain aesthetic is maintained to attract the readers. When you have established a fan base that is going to comment on your texts at once, you are able to explore the issue using a different angle.
You may have mood swings that will prevent you from posting regularly, but there is a reason bloggers target a specific part of their audience. Think of the words that are going to resonate with the readers. Are you focused on developing a personal platform for motivational speeches? Are your hobbies becoming your passion? Tap into these factors and build a community that is going to respond to your texts with an attitude. Here is what successful posts need to have:
- A proper headline. There is a golden rule every writer needs to bear in mind to improve their career situation. An excellent blog post revolves around a single topic. You may have a hundred ideas in mind, but that does not mean you have to act out on them without thinking. Before you get down to composing a post, try having fun with the titles. Compose a controversial headline and see where it leads you.
- A catchy opening line. This is what people first see when they decide to become acquainted with your platform. The best opening lines are both detailed and entertaining. Think of your favorite magazine headline or something that you see in the news. We are not saying that bloggers should use the newsflash to promote their content. However, an attractive opening can become a road to success with more followers flooding in. Every time you decide to publish, stop to read the headline of the story. It needs to reflect the theme of the paper in detail.
- A charming lead. We are all aware of the power of first impressions. Surprisingly, most of us suffer from the same forgetfulness when it comes to blog posting. Do not underestimate the base that is reading you consistently. This means zero rambling and the refusal to fill space with frivolous phrases that add nothing to the context.
A casual conversation may be filled with informalities, but you need to keep it balanced for the blog. Also, bear in mind that most people have the shortest attention span possible. If they are not tempted to read the whole article, they will probably skip. Make them stay by crafting an opening lead that is truly sensational. Experienced journalists say that a good lead makes the readers stay for more. Hooking the audience is a talent that has to be practiced daily. You only have a single chance to engage with them, so make sure it counts.
- A point that supports your statement. This may be an obvious one, but you do not want your opinions to ring hollow for the readers. Support the claims with truthful information. Writers who have been in the game for years refer to the process as “meat and bone”. The “bone” of the post is essentially dry facts. Will the audience resonate with a list that does not contain any real advice? Make sure that you have personal experience to back up the statements and proceed to give them the “meat”, meaning an emotional engagement and involvement that have an immense impact on the base of followers.
- A compelling idea. If you have managed to draw the attention of the audience, you need to keep fueling that fire in order to keep going. Right after the opening line has been established, come up with a list of points you are going to explore in the text. We don’t want the audience to scratch their heads and ask themselves why they stopped to look through the article in the first place. Establish communication with the basic means that are constantly at your disposal. Use call to action such as a message to the author, an invitation to leave a comment, a suggestion box, or a forum where the like-minded individuals can share their own experiences accordingly.
Do not be too obscure with the general statements. Give the audience something they can take away from your post and share it with others. Make the content clear for public discussion. The posts have to be concise and essentially readable to render the sense of logic to those who have just come.
We would also recommend using links as an extra treat for the readers. Every time a link is put in the text for emphasis, the audience receives yet another source of helpful information. The redirection technique allows the readers to have the best time on the platform and engage with the post fully. Interaction happens even when the author is not present. For people, who find the blog through the media, this may be a serious bonus.14 Likes